Last updated on 16/07/2014
MyTopTeacher.com (“we”, “our”, “the site”, “the website”) is a website that will focus on building a network for students and teachers to connect. Being a part of the World Wide Web, this Site is offered and made available to all users worldwide. However, the site will only service Indian teachers to start off with but will look to expand to other countries shortly after launching. If for any reason, you do not agree with all the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement or are under the age of 13, please discontinue using the Site immediately, because by using or attempting to use the Site you agree to all terms listed in this agreement.
MyTopTeacher.com is an educational website, owned and operated by Fuse Publications Private Limited (“Fuse Publications”) and all activities on this page will be monitored by the said company.
The contents of this site, including software, design, images and illustrations, text, audio and video content, databases, and ‘look and feel’, are the intellectual property of MyTopTeacher.com. You shall not attempt to modify or reproduce any material presented on the site without the prior written consent of MyTopTeacher.com.
We take protection of intellectual property, both ours and others’, very seriously and will work swiftly to remove or change any material that infringes on the intellectual property of others. Please refer to our Copyright Compliance Policy for more details.
While registering to become a member, we require you to enter your name, email address, date of birth, gender, location, and pick a password. You are required to never distribute your login details (email address and password) to anyone else, and agree that you take ownership and responsibility for all actions undertaken on the site from your account. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You may never use another person’s account without permission. You must notify us immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. We are not liable for any harm resulting from theft of your account details, and it is your responsibility to inform us of any theft at the earliest.
By registering on our website, and accepting these terms in this agreement, and any other agreements presented by the Site, you as a Teacher expressly allow us to display your phone number, email address, other contact details, profile picture, any other details entered by you, or entered by someone else and accepted by you. By accepting these terms, you also allow our users to rate and comment about you as per the guidelines set out on our site guidelines page, and allow us to display such ratings and comments on the Site. The Site’s intention is for all comments and ratings to serve as feedback for teachers to improve if needed, and to be commended for doing well in other areas. You accept that you will view ratings and comments in this way, and not as defamatory or offensive content.
Our guidelines for posting comments and rating teachers are presented in our Site Guidelines so please refer to those for details. You are required to act in accordance with the following, and the site has the right to restrict access to you in the event that you don’t adhere to our rules.
1. Ratings and comments posted by you represent your opinion of a teacher, and not the site’s opinion. Content that is offensive in any way must not be posted on the website. This includes, but is not limited to, obscene, pornographic, insulting, racist, defamatory, and discriminatory material, in any form - text, images, sound files or other media. Links to websites that contain such offensive information must not be posted on the website. The decision of Fuse Publications as to what constitutes offensive material shall be final.
All comments and ratings posted by you should be justifiable by you in any court of law, should be factual, and should not be libellous or defamatory towards anyone else. In addition, by posting on the site, you allow us to use your posting in part or as a whole for potential commercial gain through marketing of the site. By posting, you represent that the post is your original idea, and that you can justify this in any court of law. The site will not be responsible if you plagiarize or infringe someone else’s work.
Your posts must be for non-commercial purposes only, and must not attempt to promote yourself or any business or work related activity you may be involved in or on behalf of any third parties.
With the submission of each Post, the site reserves the right to request that you deliver a full and complete set of the following identification verification records for its use: a legible photocopy of your valid driver’s license, your passport copy, and/or any other acceptable government-issued photo identification for our verification and record-keeping purposes.
Content placed by you on the website remains your property; we claim no copyright or other ownership. However, it is hereby clarified that by posting text, images, videos, sound files or any other form of content on to the website, you grant to Fuse Publications and its assignees an irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual license, to use that content for nil consideration in any way the said company may deem appropriate.
2. The site will monitor your comments, and has the right to delete or modify any content that is defamatory or obscene in its opinion without your permission.
3. The site will allow teachers to post their contact information and profile picture. Teachers are responsible for any incorrect contact information or obscene/offensive profile picture posted. The site merely provides a platform that facilitates interactions between teachers and students. A user has the right to accept the information provided by the site or ignore it; the site does not guarantee accuracy of information presented. Teachers are required to adhere to these rules, and not post incorrect contact information or profile pictures that may be perceived as offensive to a reasonable person. Teachers have the responsibility of presenting the most updated information about themselves to users, and the site allows teachers to update their information at their own convenience. In addition, the site will allow teachers to post notes and links to electronic articles and such so that users can connect with their teachers, and learn from them. The site does not take responsibility for incorrect notes or offensive links posted by teachers, but teachers must be careful while posting any material. By posting notes or links, teachers take responsibility for them, and agree to being able to justify posting them in any court of law in case of a dispute. The site can remove teachers at their discretion.
4. The site is not responsible for any physical or mental harm caused to users as a result of any information presented. A user has the responsibility of remaining cautious while finding teachers, and continuing to work with a degree of skepticism. Ratings and comments are posted by other users; they do not represent the views of the site. As a user, you are required to report any offensive comments on the site by clicking on the ‘report abuse’ button next to each rating of a teacher.
5. Users are allowed to add teachers to this website without the consent of the Site or its owners every time a teacher is added. The site will not display the profile picture or contact details for all such teachers added unless we can verify that the information is accurate, and the teacher agrees to be added to our website. While adding a teacher, it is your responsibility as a user to ensure that all information is correct, and to the best of your knowledge. The Site will not be responsible for any incorrect information entered, but will provide the opportunity for other users to submit a correction for incorrect teacher information.
6. Users must not violate any other Indian laws while using the site, and must not transmit or distribute programs that contain malicious or harmful codes or infringe any intellectual property rights.
7. Fuse Publications hereby reserves the right to:
i. modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the website (or any part of it). All reasonable efforts will be made to provide timely warning of such loss of service. However, Fuse Publications is not responsible for backing up or saving any material placed on the website; and/or
ii. change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Your continued use of the website (or any part of it) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Terms and Conditions have been changed; and/or
iii. monitor any activity and content associated with the website.
8. You are given access to the website in good faith. Any abuse of the facilities will lead to your suspension and/or permanent removal from the website. Such abuse includes publication of offensive material, publication or linking to computer viruses or other forms of electronic attack, interfering with the sites of others hosted by the website server, attempts to undermine the security of the server or to affect its day to day running, rendering the website less efficient or impairing its effectiveness or functionality, violating or infringing the rights of any person, firm or company (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, confidentiality or privacy rights), attempting any unauthorized access to any part or component of the website and any other activity deemed by Fuse Publications to be abusive in nature.
9. Fuse Publications shall be under no liability for any downtime or malfunction of the website and no warranty is given that the website and its contents are free from infection by viruses or anything else which have or might have contaminating or destructive properties.
(IV) Advertising and Hyperlinks
The site will display ads directly from advertisers, and through third party facilitators such as Google.com (through Google AdSense). The site is not responsible for any information displayed in these ads, or for any harm caused to users as a result of clicking on those ads or any other hyperlinks displayed on the site. Any activity related to advertisements will be construed as communication between advertisers and users of the site and the site will not be involved or be responsible for the same. The inclusion of a hyperlink to an external site does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the external site content by Fuse Publications or endorsement of such site’s products or services.
(V) Social Media and Other Viral Communication
Facebook, Twitter, and any other forms of social media: The Site incorporates social media in several forms, details of which can be found in the site guidelines. By using the site, you agree to use the social media as integrated by it, and agree that the site is not responsible for any issues regarding your use of any such social media platforms that are incorporated by it.
Other Viral Features: The site may from time to time display videos, illustrations, images, and other viral features. You must not download and reproduce such features without the prior written consent of the site.
Please read the terms Facebook, Twitter and any other social media platforms provide on their websites with regards to the same.
(VI) Future Integration of Features
The site, or Fuse Publications Pvt. Ltd. can add any features that they view as educational and/or beneficial for any users (including teachers) without the consent of any users. The website will allow teachers to post notes shortly after its initial launch so as to facilitate indirect interaction between teachers and students. This and any other features added are the legal property of the site, and users accept that such changes can be made, and features integrated without their consent.
(VII) Disclaimer, Limitation of Liability, and Indemnification
Access to the website is on an “as is” basis and Fuse Publications gives no further warranties, express, implied or statutory including, but without limitation, the implied warranties of satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose of the website or the availability of the website.
By using the site, you agree that the Site and its, managers, employees, and people on contract working for the site will not be responsible for any losses or damages you as a user goes through. You agree that you will not seek any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions, Fuse Publications may withdraw or suspend your access to the website and/or your account and reserve the right to take such legal action against you as Fuse Publications may deem appropriate.
You agree to indemnify and defend the site in the event of a violation of this agreement by you or through your account.
Copyright © 2012 Fuse Publications Private Limited - All Rights Reserved